Thursday, August 18, 2011

Introducing....

Colette!!!!
Isn't that a pretty French name....
I finished adorning my dress form and I think she turned out sooooo pretty....
(remember this post)


I got the best idea from Nicki @ A Vintage Farmhouse (gorgeous blog by the way!)
to use a antique lamp base, and being the hoarder that I am, I had one!!!!
LOVE IT!!!



just perfect...


then to cover her bottom...
vintage lace and gorgeous lace roses, which can you believe came off a skirt that my daughter out grew...




more rosettes and some lace to cover her tattered shoulders...




I noticed that she was missing something...
there, a glass knob to finish her off...


I started putting on the charms,
 she is going to my booth...(with a NFS tag on her)
she is there just to look pretty and sale charms...

 
I think she is perfect!
and I can fit alot of charms on her...
lol...so I better get busy soldering!




The Shabby Creek Cottage's,Transformation Thursday's
The Vintage Farmhouse's, Creative Things Thursday's
French Country Cottage's, Feathered Nest Friday's
My Romantic Homes, Show and Tell Friday's
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating's Flaunt it Fridays
The Charm of Home's, Home Sweet Home
At the Picket Fence's, Inspiration Friday
Laurie Anna's Vintage Home's Farmhouse Friday's
Creative Blog's, Get Your Craft On

28 comments:

  1. That is a pretty French name, and your dress form is absolutely gorgeous. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooooove it! That's such an awesome base too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o my gosh, how in the world did you make her...I have two of those stands...but how did you make the form..from what if you to mind me asking ...she is wonderful and I always wanted one. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colette is stunningly beautiful, I want one too. The charms are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Collette and her outfit is lovely!!
    Hope you are well and enjoying your Summer!!
    xOxO Nerina

    ReplyDelete
  6. She turned out beautifully!!!
    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dress form is in my booth with NFS sign to! I hang jewelry, scarfs, hats, etc. on her and she just looks pretty!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lamp base and the way you have beautifully dressed and adorned her. I am looking for a lamp base for one of my dress forms...it is really a neat look. Visiting from The Charm of Home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful...you did a great job giving her a name and putting clothes on her!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea using a lamp base!! Now I just need to find a dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colette is just gorgeous! I want her! I bet all of the shoppers will want her, too:) And your charms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness I LOVE how she came out!!!
    She is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stefanie, she is lovely.....wow, you did a wonderful job.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, that is just the cutest thing! The lace is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Colette is gorgeous! What a beautifully charming dress form.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my whiskers!!!!! She is beautiful! She could only be more beautiful if she was a cat ;) I have not seen the idea to use a lamp base before and what a brilliant idea! Your lamp base is drool worthy and a purrfect match for the lovely lady! Very well done indeed! Giving you my two paws up on this creation!

    Purrs!

    Romeo and "her"

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is beautiful! I love the lace around the bottom and her cute charms. We will have to get Colette and my Penelope Rose together to play dress-up.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the base is just perfect for her! Love it sooo much!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, I am swooning! This is the prettiest dress form I have ever seen. What a fantastic job you did with it. She is beautiful. I used to work with a French lady named Colette. I loved to hear her talk. You should have heard her pronounce Yves St. Laurent. LOL Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your lamp base dress form! The lamp base is such a clever idea! She is just perfect! I love the way you adorned her!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whistle ~ Whistle!
    She is a beauty...love the lamp base idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the sweet frenchy name, she turned out beautiful, thanks so much for linking up with VIF!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fantastic creation! Yes, sometimes our hoarding of beautiful objects comes in handy doesn't it? *winks* At least that is what I try to convince The Man, my Kids and G-Kids, who think I should some day be profiled on the Reality Show when they get around to doing a series on Beautiful Hoarding of Found Treasures! *LOL*

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete