Wednesday, May 22, 2013

quick make over...

this was the quickest make over...


I got this from an old shed, just sitting in the dirt...
so...the lady said with some work, it could look brand new....
but I thought it was beautiful just how it is...


and with some rusty chicken wire...


ta-da!
done!
it was missing the back and doors, so I just stapled the chicken wire to the back...


it still had this great drawer, and I had some old glass knobs that fit perfectly...


love the worn paint!




and these sweet hooks!
oh yeah, I love it, and you know me, I drugged it into the house to see if it would fit, but of course I have no room!! dang,
I can just picture it with some vintage white lace and some ironstone....
I need a bigger house!!!




I am joining these parties...



Savvy Southern Style's, Wow Us Wednesday's
Ivy and Elephant's, What's It Wednesday's 
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen's, Share your cup Thursday's
The Shabby Creek Cottage's. Trasnsformation Thursday's
French Country's Feathered Nest Friday's
My Romantic Homes, Show and Tell Friday's
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating's Flaunt it Fridays
The Charm of Home's, Home Sweet Home
Common Ground's, Vintage Inspiration Friday
Rooted In Time's, Simple and Sweet Friday's

9 comments:

  1. This turned out just fabulous - the chicken wire is sheer perfection on this piece!!!!!!
    And adding the glass knobs to give a hint of glitz? Again perfection.
    I'd have that in my home in a heartbeat!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piece, Stefanie! It's got kind of a Farmhouse Glam look going on with the rustic yet pretty look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have walked right by that pile of ....well, junk, but you transformed it into a fabulous piece with just your imagination and a roll of chicken wire! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so charming! I agree... beautiful the way it is. No need to jazz it up by painting it as "worn looking" has more character. The chicken wire, the drawer, the hooks ~ all are the best. Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did to this piece! The chicken wire was the perfect addition.
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, it is beautiful! I love it! The chicken wire was a perfect addition and solution. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, love the paint just as is! The chicken wire and knobs really finished it off Stefanie. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many people would have walked past this, but the chicken wire really brought it all together. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete