Wednesday, May 25, 2011

family room reveal part 3...

Here is the next wall in my family...
here is part 1 and part 2 if you want to see...
these were hard pictures to take because of the lighting, sorry...




I went with some of the off the shelf bamboo blinds from Home Depot, but of course they were 3/4" of an inch to big..(always my luck!) so I got out my trusting clippers and cut them to fit.
I found a big leather ottoman at a furniture discount store, I know it would look good with pretties on it, but all that goes on it is big feet!


then I went to Joannes with my trusty 50% of coupon and bought some white material.
I made sure that it was finished on the edges and sewed me up some drapes.  I needed 95" drapes and to buy them made was really out of the buget, to make four panels it cost me $68...


a beautiful vintage mirror I have had forever...


the next wall is a little half wall, I found an old screen door, perfect for photos, and old pink chippy window frame, and sweet pictures and great flea market plates....



I have one more little half wall that I just found a book case for, that I will show later.
I know its not designer, but its perfect for us to hang out and be together!



Faded Charm's White Wednesdays
Savvy Southern Style's, Wow Us Wednsedays                      
 The Shabby Chic Cottage, Transformation Thursdays                             
  French Country Cottage's, Feathered Nest Friday's
My Romantic Homes, Show and Tell Friday's
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating's Flaunt it Fridays
The Charm of Home's, Home Sweet Home
At the Picket Fence's, Inspiration Friday
Beverly's Pink Saturday

21 comments:

  1. Stefanie ~
    Your room looks beautiful !!
    I love how you have put it all together ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stefanie Sweetie...
    Oh my goodness everything looks so beautiful. I love strolling along looking from corner to corner. And I thought Part 1 and 2 were great. You saved the best for last. Love it all.

    That screen door recreated into a photo holder, oh I love that idea. How pretty it looks and such a great use for it. Love the chippy frame with others inside of it. Made that wall pop.

    I also adored the photos of your kids. Those are just priceless. And girl, I have to tell you, I love, Love, LOVE your new curtains. They look exquisite. What a beautiful room to relax in and enjoy being together as a family.

    Thank you for sharing sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness -- it all looks so pretty! Remove the big feet and put pretties on the ottoman -- haha! That old door is fantastic as is the pink chippy frame! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stefanie,
    Your home is so pretty, warm and welcoming. I like the blinds, they let in just enough light and go so well with your decor.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all just lovely! The curtains are perfect - and I adore that vintage mirror. What a fabulous paint color on your wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh! I love it! The wall color with the browns is so beautiful, warm and cozy. I could definitely kick my feet up and spend some time in that wonderful space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room looks so gorgeous! I LOVE the sash window frame and the plates on the wall! I was admiring your pillows too! It is all so fantastic! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room looks great. Love the board and batten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The room looks great.....I love the texture of the blinds against the white panels!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that's what decorating our homes is all about, hanging out and spending time together. Your room looks perfect for that. Love the big comfy looking sectional with the ottoman and all those cute pillows. Great details. I like that you saved time and money making the drapes, I did too and used linen tablecloths in our family room. Way cheaper and I think they look great. Thanks for sharing your room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doesn't this room just look divine?!?! LOVE love LOVE the antique mirror and the great screen door! I've got a huge thing for sweet old chippy doors!!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Stef. I am gonna try this again. I could not post yesterday. I am enjoying your makeover. Also want to thank you for visiting my blog. And I love those wooden pieces you posted the other day. Becs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stefanie! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment! :) It's always so much fun meeting new blog friends and sharing inspiration and ideas. Your house is so pretty! You did a wonderful job styling your living room. Love the mix of colors and textures!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love your wall color and curtains. Also love that you have the big comfy furniture that's so practical for a family. Everything looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omigosh, love looking through your blog.
    so happy i found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. just beautiful! who wouldn't find peace living in a place like that......
    happy Pink Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to comment on your sofa.
    I'm so happy to see that you do not have a white sofa and you still make this look work. I have two kids and a large dog, NO way can I have a white sofa...
    Love your wall color too what is the name.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the mix of the light and bright along with the warmth of the leather ottoman. Your wall treatment and paint choice is just lovely. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stefanie,
    I love the breezy-ness of this room. It is really pretty. Like the curtains and the wall paneling. Very nice cottage look. Thanks for linking this up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great space, the half wall and the shades are just two elements that I love. Thanks so much for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete