Thursday, April 12, 2012

undecided...

well the good news for me is I am getting rid of the green carpet!!!
hooray, but.....
I am having the hardest time choosing, I am going with the vinyl plank floor, and they just make to many great colors, I wish I could just look at one and say..."that's it!",but no, I have to think and think....agh...and then I am picking out carpet for the kids rooms, well lets just say I haven't been sleeping, just thinking....hahaha...


I like them both...did the dirt test...
you know reality test with kids sometimes its not all about looks, I know it will get dirty and I want something that will camouflage it...


how do you all do it, just choose and go for it, or are you like me?
I have been doing this for two months now,
it is a huge investment and I will have to love it for years!!!
don't get me wrong...I am not complaining, I am truly blessed that I even get new flooring!
ok, well off again to look at carpet samples...( I don't know about you, but I hate carpet, but it does cut down on the cost!)


PS.... I have turned off my word verification a hundred times and save the settings, but for some reason, it keeps turning back on....so sorry!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you, Stefanie, this is exciting. I've been there, the choice is tough. I love the samples you showed and I'm leaning toward the lighter one. We have dogs so that works for us. Take your time and trust your instincts!

    Xo,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong...say eenie meenie miney mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the darker. Our floor experts loaned as a palette of lighter wood planks for us to lay down for a few days. It was lovely but in the end we went with the darker wood. Mine looks darker in the photos than it is in person but we love it!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This truly is exciting! I loved it when I got my new floor in my kitchen and out in my studio. I ended up going with something that would not show dirt as much and I am SO glad I did!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not fond of carpeting either, it is warmer in the winter but, not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stephanie, you can imagine how I am feeling for you right now!!! I can't even decide if I like an area rug! I know you'll make a great choice, though, these are both really beautiful!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!!!! I know you are going to LOVE this major change in your home! Being the mama of five boys, I tend to gravitate towards ANYTHING that is the color of dirt and the plank on the right, the darker one, is the one I would go with! But that's just me...and my dirty crew talking ~ I know you will enjoy whichever you choose, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Spephanie!

    Thanks for stopping by for a visit! Love the new flooring! I would go with the darker one too! Show us pics please when it's done! Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to be able to make decisions when I was younger, but the older I get, the longer I think about things. And then I end up doing nothing, because I can't make up my mind!

    Good luck on making your choices!

    ReplyDelete