Tuesday, May 29, 2012

pooped!!!!

well I am officially pooped out!!!
what a week....
we are having all the floors replaced, which has been an adventure, plus birthday's, volleyball tournaments, basketball tournaments, and the hardest....living in a house while getting new floor...
sooooo, if you read my post down below about not getting the floor in, here's what happened...
the floor guy had the IRS seize his bank accounts, so when I gave him my deposit he used that money  for customers before me, to put there floors in, so he had no money for my flooring....aggghhhh, so ....
the adventure began,,,
this was on a Wed. so after we had a talk,  he said for sure he would go pick up my product and be at my house on Monday...(of course I asked for my deposit back, but it was already spent), hahaha, and even after he had told me he used my money for other jobs, he asked me if I would give him the rest of the money for the job....no, way, I am not that dumb...
so the wait was on, will they come, have I been ripped off?
Monday they came and ripped the carpet out of the family room and prepped, then left...
ok, now I am happy but scared, will they come tomorrow?
they did...
and started laying my floor...


here is what I chose..
Armstrong Luxe vinyl plank flooring
in Provincal Brown...


this is what they started putting in
Barnyard gray...

now what to do?
do I have them send it back, if so, knowing I may never get it back,
with all the problems with him and not having money (oh, just in case you are wondering, I checked him out and all seemed good)
so, even thou its not what I had my heart set on, I had them install it,
mind you I have had most of my furniture and treasures on the back porch for a month now...




these installers have been the nicest guys!, not there fault on what's been going on...


I had them do a three foot perimeter around the floor so I can have carpet installed in the middle to look like a throw rug, alot cheaper and I get the benefits of stain gaurd...


at this point I had to leave to go to my daughters award assembly...


looks nice huh...
but, I ordered the carpet in gray...
right carpet, wrong color...



so this will be changed...
I have had my friends tell me how mad they would be and I should do something,
but you know, if this is the only thing bad in my life right now, so be it,
things could be alot worse, and
you know they say things happen for a reason,
maybe God thought I had bad taste in my color choice on the vinyl and thought it should be this color...
hahahahaha




6 comments:

  1. It is best to relax about this type of situation and you may grow to love the new color, so you are handling this well. I like your idea of doing the edges in wood and a carpet in the center; this is a new idea to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I don't know if I'd be as accommodating as you have been. The flooring looks beautiful -- just can't believe the carpet was the wrong color -- sheesh! Every contractor in the world wants YOU as their customer - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floor looks great to me! But, I know how it is to have an idea in your head and a certain look to it. Love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floor looks great! I thought I was the only one that this sort of thing happens to. Sorry you've had such lousy luck, but in the end it's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first choice, but the lighter shade looks great!!!
    I dont think you will be sorry...it looks very nice.
    Being so nice about it is a wonderful thing too. So many people arent these days.
    I hope you grow to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you and your talent will make it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete