Monday, December 5, 2011

real or fake?

Do you have a real Christmas tree or a fake one?
well, we have fake ones...
reasons....they don't dry out, no needles, and you only pay once for them...
but....



when your princess asks for a cute little real tree...
you have to say...OK!!!...


then she has to narrow it down...


while her brother is dying of boredom...


and hooray...her perfect tree...


then it has to go into the grocery store with us...
what if someone else takes it...


the perfect pot for it...


and now is just waiting for her to decorate it!!!!!


I am joining..
A House in the Roses, Show off your Cottage Monday's
A Knick of Times, Knick of Time Tuesday's

5 comments:

  1. We have faux trees; we switched over years ago. BUT, I do love the charm and smell of a real tree.
    (love the "bored brother" photo ;)
    ~Becca~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have always done fake for all the aforementioned reasons. This year we went with a real one and I have to say it does add a little magic to the room. Something just feels extra Christmasish this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've always had real...and this year I wanted to do artificial...I have allergies and every year I'm sneezing and congested...I suggested that we need a fake and the kids were NOT happy! Something tells me mom will cave in...but I do like your daughter's idea. And I love the photos of the bored brother...how real is that?!?! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love real trees! We never used one when I was growing up! I guess I began using when I started decorating so early!I love the story and the real tree. They add so much charm to a room. The container is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I remember shopping with teens. The tree does look adorable in that galvanized container! The kids are pretty cute too. :@

    ReplyDelete